At Gymnastics Nelson we;
- provide a safe friendly environment for your child to participate in one of our gymsport programs.
- We have qualified, encouraging and enthusiastic coaches.
- All of our coaches have current first aid qualifications.
- We deliver well balanced structured classes, that suit all abilities and ages.
- We value parent’s feedback, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any feedback or questions.
How can you help the club
Gymnastics Nelson Incorporated is a non profit organisation.
We rely on fees, grants and fundraising to maintain our facility, deliver quality programs, up skill our coaches and upgrade our equipment.
We call upon parents during the year to help support our major fundraising efforts. This may be to help in;
This is a great way to meet other parents and get to know coaches and staff plus be part of the Gymnastics Nelson community.
Parents Code of Conduct
- Parents must ensure their child is fit to partake in gymnastics activity.
- Do not force an unwilling child to participate in sports
- Parents should bring their child/children into the gym and come into the gym to collect them at the end of the class.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to look after their child until the class commences and then immediately following the end of the class.
- Teach your child that honest effort is as important as victory so that results are accepted without undue disappointment
- Encourage your child to always listen to the coaches
- Parents are to ensure their child is appropriately dressed for their class
- Parents are expected to ensure payments of training fees are paid on time
- For health and safety reasons parents are not at any time allowed on the floor(except for preschool classes).
- Recognise the value and importance of coaches
- While in the gymnasium every effort will be made to ensure the safety of all class members. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure their safety while in the waiting area.
- Parents/guardians are kindly requested to make sure that children do not bring items of value such as watches with them.
- Parents should promote good sportsmanship at all times.
- Remember children are involved for their enjoyment not yours
- Remember that children learn best by example