COVID-19 Important Information- Gymnastics Nelson
We are carefully following all updates relating to COVID-19 and the current situation within New Zealand.
We are currently:
- Encouraging members to use the soap and water in our bathroom.
- We will be changing the hand towel in the bathroom more often and within the next few days a paper towel dispenser will be installed.
- Coaches will be taking extra opportunities to wash their own hands.Coaches will be encouraging gymnasts not to touch their face and others, and to cough/sneeze into their elbow.
- Ask that members also remind their children of hygiene habits such as putting tissues in bins and covering coughs/sneezes (not with their hands).
- Please also remember to bring a named drink bottle for your child. We will not be providing your child with cups of water from our kitchen.
- We are asking those members with cold or flu-like symptoms to be proactive and please stay home from classes until they are free of symptoms.
- We will be wiping down commonly used surfaces, such as our countertop, door handles and eftpos machine on a frequent basis.
We understand that Parents/Caregivers of our Competitive and Recreational Competitive athletes want to know if their child’s competitions will go ahead over the next few months.
Unfortunately we can not provide you with an answer right now. We need to wait for Gymnastics New Zealand and/or the host clubs to make decisions around competitions and if there will be any cancelations, postponements or modifications. Please do not contact the host club or Gymnastics New Zealand.
When we receive this information as a club, we will send it out to members. If you don’t hear from us, then please treat the competition as going ahead as planned.Over the coming weeks, we will continue to monitor the situation closely and act quickly on the advice of authorities.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in advance. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.